Looking Back at 25 Years of Healthcare Communications
This year, we have been celebrating our 25 years in the contact center marketplace. The 1Call healthcare division of Amtelco was created in 1997 to focus on the unique communication needs in healthcare facilities. Since then, 1Call’s complete line of modular solutions have been helping to unify enterprise-wide communications, address communication gaps, and improve efficiencies – to help organizations reach their patient-first goals.
Accuracy Builds Trust
Amtelco was founded in 1976 in the wake of the 1968 Federal Communications Commission ruling in the Carterphone case – which struck down existing tariffs prohibiting connection to the public telephone network of equipment not supplied by telephone operating companies. The FCC ruling eventually led to the break-up of the AT&T monopoly in the telecommunications industries.
By the time the 1Call division was established, Amtelco was already a trusted name in call center communication systems, software applications and XDS technologies for call centers, contact centers, healthcare facilities, higher education facilities, executive suites and developers. Over the past twenty-five years, 1Call has been successful at leveraging technology to meet and exceed the needs of our hospital customers.
“Reliable healthcare communication is crucial,” said Tom Curtin, CEO of 1Call. “We are honored that our hospital customers have trusted us for 25 years with their call center software needs. We have a responsibility to help our customers support the communities they serve.”
A Connected Patient Experience
1Call offers comprehensive communication solutions to help providers improve patient care by streamlining the process of handling code calls, emergency situations, patient inquiries, consults, and more.
- Care Team Communications: A comprehensive set of applications designed to simplify and streamline communications throughout a hospital organization.
- EMR Notifications: Our integration engine provides fast, accurate, and efficient notifications to help providers by quickly notifying personnel for emergencies, lab results, HL7 updates, and more.
- Enterprise Directories: A single source of truth (SSOT) that provides detailed physician, staff, and patient information. The directories can be customized to include exactly what is needed, such as contact information, office hours, locations, photos, maps, etc.
- Operator Services: Web-based solutions minimize potential errors, improve efficiencies, and simplify call handling to help provide better hospital-wide clinical communications.
- Patient Transfer Services: The patient transfer process is optimized with an integrated communications toolset, including scripting, directories, secure messaging, conference calls, conference recordings, and more.
- Reporting & Analytics: Leverage detailed statistics to spot trends and improve performance.
- Scheduling: Physician on-call, workforce scheduling, and auto scheduler solutions can automatically create schedules using sophisticated, built-in tools to generate complex schedules in seconds.
- Secure Messaging: miSecureMessages HIPAA-compliant secure messaging apps save critical time with two-way device-to-device messaging. Because the messages are encrypted, they can include protected health information (PHI), as well as attachments.
- Web-Based Access: miTeamWeb gives physicians and staff fast online and mobile access to information from virtually anywhere. Personnel can quickly view and manage on-call schedules, directories, messages, and more.
Are you interested in learning more about 1Call? Contact us for more information, or meet us in-person at our upcoming seminar! This event is only open to employees of hospital systems. Attendees get to network with others in their field, hear customer presentations, and will also have the opportunity to speak directly with our Vice President of Software Research and Development, Implementation Staff, Software Developers, Project Managers, and Field Engineers.
A few topics include:
- Best Practices for Operator Scripting
- Call Recording Transcription and Analytics
- Use Cases
- Remote Operator Setup and Monitoring
- System Assessments and Project Management